This download contains everything you need to bring mind-mapping to your school. It was borne of our conviction that mind-mapping is a study-skill that should be considered as essential, non-optional, and incredibly powerful as a means for boosting overall learning-power. Mind-mapping is an essential study-skill since it:
- Allows students to organise and consolidate ideas
- Enhances note-taking
- Is ideal for revision
- Transferable to all school subjects and invaluable for life-long learning
- Allows students to explore connections between different concepts
- Increases productivity (i.e. because mind-mapping is much faster than the alternatives)
- Synergises with other learning-skills (such as research, deep-reading, & listening skills)
- Is useful for metacognitive reflection and self-regulated learning activities
By teaching students about mind-mapping and encouraging them to practice: it creates a holistic benefit for all of their studies. It is a study-skill that benefits students of all levels: students with poor literacy skills can enhance their learning through mind-mapping whilst gifted students can enhance their productivity and efficiency with it.
This download includes ten resources and is a comprehensive and definitive way to address mind-mapping skills training in your school, those ten resources are:
- Introducing Mind-Maps
- Introduction, Applications & Benefits of Mind-Maps
- Mind-Map Reading Comprehension Templates (x10)
- Mind-Map Worksheets to Use With Long Documentaries
- The Mind-Map Challenge
- Mind-Maps for Brainstorming & Group Work (P4C Related)
- Video Learning Session [Videos About Mind-Mapping & A3 Worksheets (x3)]
- Generic Mind-Map Practice Templates (x4)
- Using Mind-Maps for Speed Reading & Fast Note-Taking
- Mind-Maps for Personal Reflection & DIRT (A3 & A4 Worksheets)
As you can see, the mind-mapping practice activities also connect with broader metacognitive and self-regulated learning skills and development. Download today and teach this important study-skill to your students!
The Power of Mind-Maps
Focus: Study Skills, Mind-Mapping Skills, Self-Regulated Learning & Metacognition
Main Aim: To teach students effective mind-mapping skills whilst using mind-maps for metacognitive reflection and self-regulated learning.
Designed for students aged 11-16
WinZip (we recommend: 7-Zip or WinRar)
Windows 7+, 1.5GHZ, 1GB RAM
File Formats: .doc (Microsoft Word), PowerPoint Presentations & .zip
Contains both A4 & A3 [US Size: Tabloid / Ledger (ANSI B)] printables
Copyrighted by The Global Metacognition Institute (2019)
Strictly not for re-distribution outside of your own school.